Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Midge Journal: The Lost Diaries -- Seventh Grade

October:

Monday: Sister Mary Constance assigned 5 pages of Math "homeworks" and Sister Mary Darren assigned vocabulary sentences and definitions as well as 5 pages of English. Sister Mary Annunciation assigned a chapter in Science, and Sister Mary Gabriella assinged two pages of both Social Studies and Penmanship. I went straight home to my room to die.

Tuesday: Got a 99% on my math pages!!! Whew! What a relief. I want to be an archaeologist some day and you know how mathematical that is. Had a knotworth and Philadelphia cheese sandwich for lunch with carrots and celery.

Wednesday: Science is particularly interesting this year, but not as interesting as lunch is. I got to sit next to Alan, the new boy, by accident of course. He had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and I had hard salami and cheese on rye with celery sticks and an apple. Sigh. We're going to study together for Thursdays Science test (at the Library).

Thursday: Spelling assignments due today. Mine were all in order. Big Science test this morning. Alan and I having studied together for the test together at the Library were calm, cool, and confident. Egg salad sandwich on marbled rye with a pickle and crinkle cut potato chips for lunch. Gym class this afternoon. I'll probably get the kick-ball in the head again!!!

Friday: I got 100% on the spelling test. Yippee!!! Mom says I can have my ears pierced in June if I get all 100%'s in Spelling all year. Had a meatball sandwich on Italian bread with mozzarella and a hard, green pear for lunch. Ken sat next to me. He had olive loaf sandwich (yuck), and a banana flip snack cake.

Saturday: 5 pages of Math homework to do this weekend. Have to clean my room TODAY!!! Barbie's birthday party is tonight! I got her a bottle of Love's Babysoft perfume and powder with a real powder puff and a Mystery Date Game!!! I have to wear my same old rag of a party dress again. Mom says she'll curl my hair. Like that's suppose to make it different!!!!! "Oh, Midge, your hair is curly--is that a new dress?"

Sunday: Up at the crack of dawn. Attended 8:00a.m. Mass. Father Wally's sermon was soooooo long. I thought I'd die before he was through. Going to bed early tonight with a Nancy Drew novel. I'd rather read than sit up and watch "Bonanza". Yawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment