Friday, August 27, 2010

Midge Journal: The Lost Diaries -- Seventh Grade

Monday: First Day of School!!!
Walked all the way to school! (Two whole blocks),
with Barbie and Ken. Sister Mary Maurice is our
homeroom teacher this year. She is older than Granny.
Tuesday: A new boy joined our class. His name is Alan. He is sooooooooooooo dreamy. I had an Underwood Deviled Chicken sandwich and grapes for lunch.
Wednesday: Wow! Math is really going to be tough this year. Mom says I have to work hard. If I get an 'A' the first nine weeks I can get a new pair of saddle shoes.
Thursday: Went to confession this afternoon. I had to tell Father Waldo about my sticking my tongue out at Sister Mary Constance behind her back at the chalkboard. Everybody laughed. I got 'hard penance' for that.
Friday: I walked to school with Barbie and Ken and Bebe (two whole blocks). Attended mass at 11 a.m. My stomach growled and growled. Had a tuna salad sandwich for lunch and a pickle. Bebe had macaroni and cheese and Ken had a banana flip.
Saturday: I went to the movies with the group; Bebe, Barbie, Ken, Rosie and Marty from Saint Eloise school. We saw "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" and "Mary Poppins" again! Rosie had cigarettes and we all tried them during the intermission. Yuck!
Sunday: Got up at the crack of dawn. Went to church at 8 a.m. Afterwards we ate brunch with Grandma and Grandpa. I got to drink coffee like the grown ups. Have to go to school tomorrow. I hate school. Ken and Alan pull down my socks between classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment